I Started Waking Up at 5 am Daily: This is What Happened

 Own Your Mornings, Transform Your Life✌


I'm not a morning person. 

In fact, I've always enjoyed staying up late, savoring the quietness of the night. 

But when I recently read The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma, I realized I could really elevate my productivity and life in general by owning my mornings. 

In the book, Robin Sharma shares his original insights and battle-tested tools he's developed by working with the most successful people on the planet. 

One key insight is that winning starts at the beginning of the day. 

I couldn’t help but wonder, what would happen if I joined this 5 AM club? 

So, I decided, why not? I committed to waking up at 5 AM, and let me tell you, a lot of good things happened. 

Keep reading to find out more.

What Happened When I Woke at 5 AM

I started this experiment for 21 days initially. 

You may ask, why 21 days? 

Well, according to the 5 AM challenge, it takes about 21 days to begin forming a habit. I wanted to test the waters before fully diving in, and here's what I experienced.

1. I Gained More Productive Hours in the Day

The most immediate benefit was realizing just how much more time I had to get things done. 

Waking up at 5 AM allowed me to have uninterrupted quiet time in the mornings. 

There were no emails, phone calls, or notifications pulling my attention. I got through tasks that usually got buried during the day—planning content, writing, and organizing. 

With my mornings freed from distractions, I was laser-focused on the things that mattered the most to me. 

I got ahead on work in a way that felt impossible before. As someone who always felt like I didn’t have enough hours in the day, waking up early showed me the power of owning my mornings.

Read Also:

8 Things I Don’t Take for Granted Anymore

Stop Seeing Men Who Aren't Making Their Intentions Clear

Yay! It’s My Birthday: What Does 27 Feel Like?

2. I Experienced a Mental Clarity I Didn’t Know I Needed

By waking up before the world did, I had time to ease into my day without the rush of daily life. 

Instead of hitting the ground running, I could meditate, read, or simply reflect. It was in those quiet moments that I realized how scattered my mornings used to be. I often woke up and immediately felt overwhelmed by my to-do list. 

But at 5 AM, the silence around me gave my mind room to breathe. I found myself less anxious throughout the day and more mindful of my thoughts. 

The mental clarity I gained from these peaceful mornings allowed me to be more intentional with how I approached my work and personal life.

3. I Noticed Improvements in My physical Health

Waking up early also had unexpected benefits for my physical health. 

For one, I started exercising regularly in the mornings, something I always struggled to fit into my routine. 

With no excuses of being too tired after work, I could squeeze in a workout and still have time to shower and eat a healthy breakfast. 

My energy levels increased throughout the day, and I felt less sluggish as the afternoon rolled around. 

Additionally, waking up at 5 AM naturally forced me to go to bed earlier, which improved my sleep quality

I went from tossing and turning late at night to falling asleep peacefully and waking up refreshed. It was as if my body finally found its rhythm.

How I Did It

At first, waking up at 5 AM felt like a monumental task. But I started small and stayed consistent. 

Here’s how I managed to make it a habit.

1. I Prepared the Night Before

To make the mornings easier, I prepared as much as I could the night before. 

I laid out my workout clothes, planned my breakfast, and even set my intentions for the day. 

Knowing I had everything ready motivated me to get out of bed and start the day with purpose. 

It also helped me avoid wasting precious time trying to figure out what to do first thing in the morning. 

This simple preparation made all the difference in easing into my 5 AM routine.

2. I Created a Morning Ritual I Enjoyed

Waking up early only worked because I created a morning routine that I looked forward to. I didn’t jump straight into work. 

Instead, I took time for myself. I started with light stretching or meditation, followed by reading a few pages of a book that inspired me. 

This became my sacred time to focus on personal growth and reflection. Having a routine I enjoyed made it easier to wake up and stay consistent. 

Over time, I began to crave this time of the day and looked forward to the stillness that 5 AM brought.

3. I Kept a Journal to Track My progress

I also kept a journal to document how I felt each day. I wrote about my energy levels, productivity, and any challenges I faced. 

I used the Morning Sidekick Journal which helped me stay accountable and recognize the gradual improvements I was experiencing. 

Journaling became a tool for self-reflection and growth. It showed me how far I’d come, even on days when waking up felt tough. 

It was encouraging to see the progress in black and white, and it motivated me to keep going.

Read More:

I Exercised Daily for Six Months, and Here’s How It Transformed My Life

What’s Low Self-esteem? Signs You May Be Struggling with Low Self-Esteem

What If I Fail?

Final Thoughts

Waking up early isn't magic, but it works wonders when combined with discipline, consistency, and a clear purpose. 

I found that reading books like The 5 AM Club and sticking to a solid routine helped me stay committed. 

The real change comes from making those small, daily choices that shape the way you live. 

It’s not easy at first, but the rewards are worth it.

Cheers to better days😍


Comments